Note: the CAPS below link you to the cool stuff...
- I was super stoked when I learned how to COLD BREW in anticipation of a camping trip at which I was not planning to do any cooking (even boiling water) and was anxious about caffeine withdrawls -- and further stoke-age was achieved when I tried a reader comment to stir in some sweeteneed condenced milk - not an every day thing, but awesome on a beachy camping trip
- I launched the second issue to Wildfire in the middle of May (yea!!) and around the same time I got hooked on the HBO series "NEWSROOM" -- it was all sorts of journalistic inspiration
- 50 NERDS OF GREY ("erotic tales to turn you off and on again") is brilliant & absolutely hilarious
- Two things I spent money on in May that made me want to unabashedly product-pitch from the rooftop: SMART FLOSS (hello cardamom!) and Trader Joe's Balsamic GLAZE -- delicious (and pretty) zig-zagged over a plate of summer-ripe tomatos, mozzerella & fresh basil (yes, I know what you're thinking: making a balsamic reduction is easy-peasy, but it is nice to have it on hand in a squeeze bottle for split-second lunch inspiration)
- All month long we did the Read Aloud Revival podcast's 31-DAY READ ALOUD CHALLENGE and it completely pushed Nia's reading over the hump from "ok" to "confident" -- the comments on the challenge said this would happen but I was skeptical; after seeing her read aloud over a mic to 50 families and her peers at last night's graduation festitivies at her school I'm a believer
- Finally, this is technically a June thing since I just discovered her last night, but I'll leave you with THIS
I'd love to hear from you! At the bottom of this post you can click the heart to send me some anonymous love, or you can join the convo by leaving a comment, which would be awesome! What little things made your life worth living in May? Any new discoveries?
Want to get my blog posts by email? Subscribe HERE.
Blogged from the coffee shop, listening to The Reservoir Dogs soundtrack, sourrounded by hipsters in flip flops, smelling that hazelnut brew. 58 degrees and sunny. It's gonna be gorgous.