In the spirit of Mother's Day I've been thinking a lot about the different moms that have influenced my own motherhood path. While I've been very fortunate to have many real-life "moms" -- women who've shaped me when my own mother couldn't -- I have also been lucky to have some near and dear fictional moms who've shaped my path, too.
Here's my Top Five List of my favorite fictional moms:
- Tami Taylor (Friday Night Lights)
- Marmee -- Mrs. March (Little Women)
- Elasti-Girl (The Incredibles)
- Elaine Miller (Almost Famous)
- Kate Murray (A Wrinkle in Time)
And an honorary mention:
- Molly Weasley (Harry Potter series)
Have you ever noticed how few good moms there really are in literature and Hollywood? Most story moms are either 1) dead, 2) missing, or 3) bad.
Here are my top worst moms in make-believe (four's enough):
- Betty Draper (Mad Men)
- Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest
- Cersei Lanister (Game of Thrones)
- Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development)
What about you? Who tops your Top 5 Fictional Moms List -- good or bad?
I'd love to hear from you! At the bottom of this post you can click the heart to send me some anonymous love, or you can join the convo by leaving a comment, which would be awesome! Sign up (here) to get my blog updates by email.
Blogged while watching Lost Girl. 57 degrees, mostly cloudy with one or two stars.